Website The University of Colorado Boulder Department of Integrative Physiology
Two Tenure-Track Assistant Professor Positions in Integrative Physiology – The University of Colorado Boulder
The Department of Integrative Physiology invites applications for a tenure-track position in Integrative Physiology at the rank of Assistant Professor.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
The faculty roster for the Department of Integrative Physiology includes 18 tenured and tenure-eligible faculty and 11 instructor-rank faculty. The department offers B.A., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in integrative physiology. For more details on the department and the university, visit the Integrative Physiology website. The Boulder campus is one of four in the University of Colorado system and is approximately 35 miles from the Anschutz Medical Campus of the University of Colorado Denver.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Establish an independent research program that is supported by awards from extramural agencies.
- Contribute to the teaching mission of the undergraduate and graduate programs, including data science and statistics.
- Individuals will be expected to teach one integrative physiology undergraduate core course plus one additional course.
- Provide teaching and mentoring for undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Perform service for the department, university, and profession; and (5) contribute to an inclusive academic environment.
What You Should Know
- Expertise in Integrative Physiology is defined as the study of biological function spanning molecules to populations; the department will consider applications from individuals with a broad range of scientific interests.
- As part of the University of Colorado Boulder’s deep commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, the campus has implemented a reference check pilot program with respect to final candidates for tenured faculty appointments. The reference check pilot program is intended to allow CU Boulder to collect and review information about a candidate’s conduct at their previous institutions, specifically conduct related to sexual misconduct, harassment, and/or discrimination – before making hiring decisions. All final candidates for tenured faculty appointments are required to complete an Authorization to Release Information.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to align with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this full-time position is $95,000-105,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be dynamic. Be impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A PhD.
- Previous Postdoctoral training.
- Previous research published in top tier peer-reviewed journals.
What We Would Like You To Have
- We welcome applicants who have demonstrated an ability to obtain extramural grant support; have teaching experience (may have been obtained prior to receipt of doctorate); and who do research which focuses on the physiology of health and disease while incorporating data science and quantitative approaches.
- We welcome all applicants, including those from a historically underrepresented group or those who bring to their academic career a demonstrated commitment to historically underrepresented groups in higher education.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A Cover Letter stating qualifications, research goals, an explanation of how your expertise adds synergy to existing strengths in the department, and teaching qualifications
- Three original research articles, published in top tier peer-reviewed journals and combined into a single PDF
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
- A Statement describing one’s commitment to advance an inclusive academic environment both within and among historically underrepresented communities.
During the application process you will need to enter contact information for three references. We will request letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Questions or Additional information can be obtained by phone (303-492-3122) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU JOBS
To apply for this job please visit jobs.colorado.edu.