The Society for Research on Biological Rhythms was formed to:
- Promote advancement of basic and applied research in all aspects of biological rhythms;
- Disseminate the important results of that research among scientists, to the agencies that fund research and to the general public;
- Enhance the education and training of students and researchers in the field and;
- Foster interdisciplinary communication;
- Provide an environment for the exchange of ideas during scheduled scientific sessions at the biennial meetings, as well as during informal gatherings.