SRBR is looking for the next Public Outreach Fellow to help SRBR with its public outreach activities and dissemination of the amazing things going on in the field of chronobiology.
- Are you passionate about science communication and have experience with social media use (especially Twitter) and tracking its analytics?
- Do you have at least 2 years of experience in chronobiology and a PhD?
- Can you commit to at least 12 months of appointment at 10h/month?
- Do you want to help spread information about biological rhythms to the world?
The SRBR Outreach Fellow will be a core part of the SRBR Outreach Committee efforts, develop and apply a social media strategy in close collaboration with the committee (Chair: Dr. Maria de la Paz Fernandez), post chronobiology-related news, and provide quarterly analytics for tracking and evaluation of their efforts. Responsibilities include social media postings, coordination of the SRBR Outreach initiatives (ClockBites, Blog, etc.), bi-monthly analytics reports (Website and Twitter), organization of outreach events (tweetorials, etc.).
You will get:
- Experience in science communication
- Experience working with the SRBR Board and other SRBR members
- $1500/year stipend
- A stipend to attend the 2024 SRBR meeting (a $2500 value) if renewed for a second year.
Interested candidates should send a CV, a letter of motivation, and the contact information of 2-3 references to SRBRoutreach@gmail.com by May 31st 2022, with a start date of July 1st 2022.