Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM, Department of Neurobiology of Neurobiology & Neuroscience Institute)
A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the lab of Dr. Alec J. Davidson at Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM, Department of Neurobiology & Neuroscience Institute) in Atlanta, GA, to investigate suprachiasmatic nucleus circuitry in vitro and in vivo using novel imaging approaches including longitudinal in vivo Ca2+ imaging in targeted cell types. The successful candidate will join a highly interactive group of 5 labs investigating various aspects of mammalian rhythmicity and sleep at MSM, housed within the larger Neuroscience Institute community.
Qualifications: A Highly motivated individual with a Ph.D. in neuroscience or a related field, and an interest in systems biology, circadian rhythms, and neurocircuitry. Experience with slice/cell culture, stereotaxic surgery, histology/immunocytochemistry, quantitative imaging analysis, and behavioral studies are a plus.
Interested candidates, please send curriculum vitae, a brief statement of research interests and career goals, and the names of three references to email@example.com.
Relevant recent lab publications
- Evans, J.A., Leise, T.L. Castanon-Cervantes, O., & Davidson, A.J. (2011) Intrinsic Regulation of Spatiotemporal Organization within the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus. PLoS One. 6:e15869.
- Sellix, M.T., Evans, J.A., Leise, T.L., Castanon-Cervantes, O., Hill, D.D., Delisser, P., Block, G.D., Menaker, M. & Davidson, A.J. (2012) Aging Differentially Affects the Re-entrainment Response of Central and Peripheral Circadian Oscillators. J Neuroscience. 32:16193–16202.
- Evans, J.A., Leise, T.L. Castanon-Cervantes, O., & Davidson, A.J. (2013) Dynamic interactions mediated by non-redundant signaling mechanisms couple circadian clock neurons. Neuron. 80: 973-983.
- Evans, J.A., Leise, T.L. Castanon-Cervantes, O., & Davidson, A.J. (2015) Neural correlates of individual differences in circadian behavior. Proc Royal Soc B. 282:1810.
- Evans, J.A., Suen, T-C., Calif, B., Mitchell, A., Castanon-Cervantes, O., Baker, K.M., Kloehn, I., Baba, K., Teubner, B.J.W., Ehlen, J.C., Paul, K.N., Bartness, T.J., Tosini, G., Leise, T.L., & Davidson, A.J. (2015) Shell neurons of the master circadian clock coordinate the phase of tissue clocks throughout the brain and body. BMC Biology. 13:43. PMCID: PMC4489020
- Azzi, A., Evans, J.A., Leise, T., Myung, J., Takumi, T., Davidson, A.J., & Brown, S. (2017). Network dynamics mediate circadian clock plasticity. Neuron. 93: 194-210.
- Liu, D.*, Stowie, A.*, Zavalia, N.*, Leise, T., Pathak, S., Drewes, L., Davidson, A.J., Amir, S., Sonenberg, N., & Cao., R. (2018). mTOR signaling in VIP neurons regulates circadian clock synchrony and olfaction. PNAS. 115:E3296-E3304.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org