Founded by scientists from Stanford University, Lumos is building a product to improve sleep through body clock reprogramming with groundbreaking patented technology from Stanford. Lumos works while you sleep, providing a reliable non-pharmaceutical sleep solution for everyone to get to sleep faster, stay asleep longer, and wake up feeling ready to take on the day.
With years of R&D, Lumos now has its first product consists of a hardware connected to an iOS app via Bluetooth. Lumos is financially supported by grants from the Department of Defense for a two-year R&D project that involves sleep studies through collaboration with academic research labs and directly with users in the field. We are looking for a Research scientist to work with us and the Sleep and Behavioral Neuroscience Center (SBNC) at the University of Pittsburgh on this exciting upcoming project.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the company leadership to plan and execute the clinical and field studies.
- Design and implement study protocols to ensure quality, IRB approval, as well as participant engagement and compliance.
- Work closely with academic facilities for the recruiting, deployment, data collection and processing of sleep studies.
- Interact closely with participants for test deployment and data collection, providing timely support to ensure the quality of studies.
- Build and manage pipeline for data collection, processing, and report generation.
- Partner with the company leadership to lead the research, development, and testing of sleep products and features.
What we are looking for
- Advanced degree (MS, Ph.D., or other relevant degrees) in clinical psychology or related fields.
- More than 5 years of experience with human subject research in relevant fields (sleep, psychology, physiology), or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Familiar with data processing and statistical data analysis, preferably direct experience with sleep data analysis.
- High attention to details and documentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- US citizen or permanent resident.
What you will get
- The excitement of working at an early stage startup with proven traction and a small customer base.
- The fun of building products that your friends and family may benefit from and be excited about.
- The experience to work in a cross-functional team with expertise from different areas outside of research.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org