Masri Laboratory, University of California, Irvine
A fully funded NIH postdoctoral fellow position is immediately available in the Masri Laboratory at the University of California, Irvine (UC Irvine). We are seeking independent and motivated postdocs interested in a multi-disciplinary approach to genomics, cancer biology and metabolism broadly defined.
For more details about the Masri Lab, including relevant publications (Cell 2014, Cell 2016, Trends in Endo and Metabolism 2019, Science Advances 2021), please visit our website at: https://masrilaboratory.com/ https://www.faculty.uci.edu/profile.cfm?faculty_id=6387
• The Masri lab studies how disruption of the circadian clock impacts tumorigenesis by regulating stem cell biology, cellular metabolism and signaling pathways governing survival and proliferation.
• We utilize both genetically engineered mice as well as tumor organoid models to dissect fundamental questions in cancer biology linked to gene expression, singlecell sequencing, whole exome sequencing, metabolomics and metagenomic sequencing of the gut microbiome.
• The applicant will leverage high-throughput multi-omic datasets generated from state-of-the-art models of disease to uncover conserved mechanisms of cancer progression. A PhD in genomics/bioinformatics is required.
• The ideal candidate will interface with wet lab biologists to solve innovative questions in circadian biology using a computational and population-level omics approach.
• While this individual is expected to have familiarity with common computational toolkits (ex. association mapping or network modeling), collaborations have been established to facilitate adequate training.
The Masri Lab is part of the Department of Biological Chemistry, Center for Epigenetics and Metabolism, and the Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center at UC Irvine. We are located in Southern California (Orange County), between Los Angeles and San Diego. For further details about UC Irvine, please visit: https://uci.edu/
If interested, please contact Dr. Selma Masri (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following:
• Brief statement of research interests
• CV detailing research experience and publications
• Names of 2-3 references that are familiar with the research experience of the
candidate and can provide letters of recommendation upon request
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com