Website Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Postdoctoral Fellow Position-Rutgers University
A newly established neuroscience lab at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School is looking for motivated Postdoctoral Fellows or international visiting scholars. The PI, Dr. Ruifeng Cao (https://med.umn.edu/bio/ruifeng-ray-cao) is interested in the molecular mechanisms of the brain’s biological clocks and how clock dysfunction is involved in the pathogenesis of psychiatric disorders including autism and depression. Trainees will work with genetically modified mouse models and utilize a combination of molecular, cellular, and behavioral approaches.
– Conduct laboratory research in neuroscience projects
– Design and perform experiments; collect and analyze data
– Prepare manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
– Engage in scientific communication and training of junior lab members
– A recent M.D. or Ph.D. degree in neuroscience, chronobiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related fields in biomedical sciences
– At least two first-author research papers
– Experience in behavioral neuroscience, e.g., mouse social behavior tests, depressive-like behaviors, stereotaxic mouse brain surgery, etc.
– Experience in molecular and cellular neuroscience, e.g., neuronal or brain slice culture, protein or RNA work, cellular signal transduction, confocal or two-photon microscopy, electrophysiological recordings (intracellular or whole-cell patch-clamp), viral-mediated gene silencing, etc.
– Experience in bioinformatical analysis of omics data (RNA-seq, Ribo-seq, proteomics, etc)
– Self-motivated and hardworking
– Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud, GraphPad Prism, etc.
– Excellent scientific writing and communication skills in English
Postdoc salaries will be based on the NIH scale or higher, commensurate with merits and negotiable. The lab has an excellent track record of postdoctoral training. Former postdoctoral trainees in the lab successfully published in prestigious journals such as PNAS, Neuron, and Molecular Psychiatry.
Rutgers University is ranked among the top 20 public universities by U.S. News. The campus is located at the center of the Northeast corridor, with access to New York City, Philadelphia, and the New Jersey shore within an hour’s drive. The region is home to world-class universities, numerous pharmaceutical and biotech research facilities, and corporate headquarters. Piscataway and the surrounding areas in Central New Jersey offer vibrant and diverse cultural activities, excellent public and private schools, and opportunities to live in urban, suburban, or small-town settings within a short distance of campus.
To apply, please send a letter of intent, CV with a list of publications, names, and emails of three referees to Dr. Ruifeng (Ray) Cao at firstname.lastname@example.org. The positions are open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Comments are closed.